Our Chinchilla called Winston is a favarourite at all of the birthday parties, corporate events, care homes, schools and clubs.
Here at some facts about Chinchillas you may not have known.
- Chinchillas are native to the Andes Mountains in South America and can live as high up as 4,270 m.
2. Chinchillas live in groups called herds. They are very social animals that enjoy the company of other chinchillas.
3. Chinchillas are currently listed as a critically endangered species by the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species due to a severe population loss approximated at a 90% global population loss over the last 15 years. The severe population decline has been caused by chinchilla hunting by humans for their fur to be used for clothing.
4. Raisins and sultanas are ideal treats for chinchillas and can be used as a reward in training too.
5. chinchilla teeth are always growing so they need plenty of hard material to eat and chew on.
So there are some facts about chinchilla’s you may nto have know. Want to meet our very own Chinchilla called Winston?
Visit us now at www.pbanimaladventures.co.uk to find out more.