At PB Animal Adventures we have 3 Leopard Geckos, we refer to the 3 T’s. They are called Trudi, Tess and Tommy.
Here are some facts about Leopard Geckos you may not know that you could learn more about at your animal encounter, birthday party, care home, corporate event etc.
- Leopard Geckos are the only type of gecko that have eye lids to keep their eyes clean. Other breeds of gecko use their tounge to clean their eyes.
2) When predators try to grab a leopard geckos tail, the gecko has the abiity to drop their tail, to enable them to get away from quickly. Geckos store protein from their food in their tails and therefore when their tails drop they need to eat more regulalry. The tail does partially grow back.
3) Leopard geckos are found in Afghanistan, northwestern India, Pakistan, Iran, and Iraq.
4) Leopard geckos live in rocky deserts and sparse grasslands. They avoid sandy deserts. They are mostly nocturnal, keeping out of the heat of the day, and emerging at night from holes and crevices to hunt for food. Leopard geckos are not found off of the ground very often.
5) With eyesight comparable to a cat’s, geckos can see better than any other lizard.
So there are just 5 of the may facts you could learn about leopard geckos.
Want to learn more and meet Trudi, Tess and Tommy, then you can visit us at www.pbanimaladventures.co.uk to book your animal adventures with us.